Wednesday, October 2, 2013

... Engines on! Engines off. Engines on!

After a nervous day filled with anger, tears, and more anger, the race has been moved to Glen Helen Raceway in San Bernardino. With the government shutdown, the BLM is not allowing M.O.R.E. to utilize it's race permit. The M.O.R.E. team has come up with the alternative race site of Glen Helen. The AWESOME folks at GH have graciously stepped in an offered the facility so this race can be held.

I have to say, I am disappointed. We're "desert people" not "dirt track people" and if at the beginning if you had told me the race would be held on a Baja Cup Short Course Track, I would have not participated. However, Josh has built an awesome car and I know it will hold up to whatever GH has to offer. Since the track is a six mile loop, this should make for an interesting race. I share concern with the other gals, most of whom are new drivers also.

At this point, all I know is that pre-running and practice will be held on Saturday, October 5th and the race will be held on Sunday, October 6th.

For more information, directions, and details as they are available, please check with the following links:

MORE Racing
www.moreracing.net

Glen Helen Raceway, San Bernardino
www.glenhelen.com

Thanks so everyone who supported me in this event. The cause is still important!

"Sometimes adversity is what you need to face in order to become successful."
-Zig Ziglar

No comments:

Post a Comment